Have you changed your file size in Windows 10/file explorer and then noticed that when you start up the computer next time the file size is back to the original size again? Yes it’s frustrating but it is actually easy to permanently change file size in Windows 10/file explorer but the knowledge was hard to find. Anyhow, this is how you change file size in windows 10:
- Go to for example “downloads” in File explorer
- Highlight the type of file you want to change file size on (by left click on it one time).
- Go to view tab in file explorer ribbon toolbar.
- Change to the size that you want that type of file to be.
- Still in view tab, go to the right to “options”.
- Go to “view tab”
- apply to all folders
- “do you want all folders….
- Do this procedure for every type of file you want to change the size permanently. And thats it. This way you will notice that the file size will bee the same next time you start your computer.